The Market Place Theatre, Armagh is for everyone and when it comes to Family Fun, this is the place to be.
For visitors with young families, our facilities include:
- Award-winning Customer Service
- Baby-changing facilities
- Breastfeeding mothers welcome
- Children's menus available at The Market Place Theatre Bar & Bistro
- Children aged two and under may attend suitable performances for free but must be seated and must be in possession of a valid ticket.
- A Packed Programme Of Activities And shows [see below]
- Relaxed performances, BSL signed performances and audio described performances of our Christmas panto.
Our family programme of events throughout the year is a big hit with little kids (and big kids too!).
- Family Super Saturdays – Each season we present ‘Family Super Saturdays’ where families can enjoy a show followed by post-show activities including themed craft workshops, face painting, balloon modelling, and fancy dress competitions [prizes for best-dressed boy & girl!]. See our ‘What’s On’ section for details
- Kids shows – From puppet shows to pantomime to kids workshops, there is something for children of all ages. See our ‘What’s On’ section for details
- Christmas At The Market Place Theatre – come and celebrate the most magical time of the year in the most magical of venues. Treat yourself and the kids at our Christmas panto which runs throughout December.
- Market Place Theatre Bar & Bistro - Starbucks has come to Armagh city centre. We are now proudly serving a full range of starbucks coffees
- Georgian Day - LAST SATURDAY IN NOVEMBER 10.00AM - 9.00PM. Armagh’s much loved Georgian Day returns each year to mark the beginning of the Christmas season. See Armagh in all its festive glory, sparkling with lights as the ancient Cathedral City returns to its Georgian roots. More than 70 stalls, hosted by traders in Georgian costumes, will line the streets for a unique experience that cannot be missed. Festive music, horse-drawn carriage rides and the smell of mulled wine and mince pies exude a unique Christmassy atmosphere for all to enjoy. Highlights include: Festive market | Georgian characters | Music and Carol singing | Children’s Christmas Market | Spectacular Light Show | Silhouette cutting | The Historic Gardener | Hot chestnuts, mince pies, mulled wine and much more…
- Culture Night - Culture Night ARMAGH takes place in September in The Market Place Theatre & Various City & District locations. Armagh has been part of this international celebration of the arts since it began and it is a wonderful evening of cultural experiences on offer once again. The initiative encourages locals and visitors to enjoy the unique experience of Culture Night, a free night of entertainment, discovery and adventure taking place in towns, cities, counties and islands in N.I. and ROI. Culture Night welcomes people of all ages to taste and sample wonderful cultural delights. Armagh will highlight the unique mix of culture that exists within the Community.
- St Patrick’s Festival, Armagh - Armagh is at the heart of celebrating the life of Saint Patrick so why not come and enjoy St Patrick’s Day with us? Come and join in a lively and varied festival showcasing the best of culture, music, song and dance.
- Armagh Craft Fair – Bringing high quality craft to the heart of Armagh City this annual event offers something for everyone. The fair features high quality craft makers from across Northern Ireland and Ireland, craft demonstrations from master crafters throughout the day including hands on creative craft making opportunities for adults and children, free children’s workshops, musical entertainment, great food and much more.
Apple Blossom Festival - The Orchard County of Armagh, with the picturesque village of Loughgall at its heart, is widely known for its apple growing tradition. The Apple Blossom Festival is a three day event where the beautiful pink and white blossom will provide a stunning background for all the activities happening around the orchard area. Highlights include orchard tours, food and craft stalls, cookery demonstrations, children’s activities and live music.